What is the Lake Shore Foundation?
Click here to see a video!!
The Foundation was established in 1986 for the purpose of using charitable contributions to benefit all Lake Shore Public School Students. We are now looking for new donations — raising money to meet the educational needs of Lake Shore's youth.
Our mission is to help students reach their goals of excellence by funding support for important educational activities not provided by the schools.
The Foundation's Goals
A school district's operating budget is designated for specific needs. Often, money is not available for innovative and creative educational programs.
The Foundation focuses its efforts on these areas:
- Encouraging creative teaching and innovative classroom ideas and practices
- Facilitating student development through enrichment activities, scholarships, and motivational programs.
- Purchasing equipment and other durable materials to improve hands-on learning.
Foundation Types of Awards
Preferred LSFEE projects include:
- Mini-grants to teachers for specific programs at all grade levels.
- Supplementary reading books.
- Equipment for classrooms.
- Special equipment as needed.
- Computers and other high-tech equipment for the classrooms.
Grants are approved by the LSFEE Board of Trustees based on quality, feasibility, and potential benefit to students.
Click here for the Grant Application Form
Foundation Award Recipients
Contact the Foundation
If you would like more information about Lake Shore Foundation for Education Excellence, please call us at: (586) 285-8484 or by email, LSFEE@lsps.org.