Vision and Values
Some parents and students are new to the district, others need a reminder of what Lake Shore stands for. It is also important that the community knows that we strongly believe in our Vision and Values.
Mission Statement - Lake Shore will ensure a high-quality education so that each student acquires the skills, knowledge and character to excel in meeting the challenges and opportunities of a rapidly changing world.
Accountability - We believe in…
- Aligning practices with beliefs
- Character - life skills, leadership
- Continuous improvement of student achievement
- Courage - accepting challenges
- Fiscal responsibility
- Measuring and reporting current status of the district
- Everyone being responsible for his/her own behavior
Communication - We believe in…
- Building relationships
- Courtesy and respect
- Communication being everyone's responsibility
- Honest, openness and timeliness
- The sharing of thoughts and ideas
Community - We believe in…
- Building a sense of pride
- Creating an environment that fosters a sense of belonging
- Diversity as a challenge and an opportunity
- Involving all community members in the educational process
- Social responsibility - service to others
Excellence - We believe in…
- Celebrating success
- Commitment & dedication
- High expectations
- Lifelong learning
- Staff development
- Being success / results oriented
- Doing one’s personal best
Integrity - We believe in…
- Being consistent
- Being ethical
- Courage / strength
- Doing the right thing - “right makes might”
- Respect for self and others
Safety and Security - We believe in…
- A nurturing, safe learning environment
- Safety as a community responsibility
- Never taking safety and security or granted
- Secure facilities
- The wellness and well-being of all
- Updated and rehearsed emergency procedures
Student Achievement - Lake Shore Public Schools will deliver state-of-the-art curriculum, which is content, assessments, instructional strategies and resources to challenge students so they excel in their lifetime of learning.
Communications - Lake Shore Public Schools will demonstrate effective two-way communication for the benefit of each student and the whole community, based on honesty and courtesy.
Resources - Lake Shore Public Schools will effectively use its community, facility, financial, human and technological resources to ensure success for all students.
These Vision and Values are posted in every building and are the basis of what we do here at Lake Shore.